Please fill out the following fields for consideration to be one of four (4) charities to be included in an upcoming month of The Original OKRA Charity Saloon. Charities will be reviewed and selected by the OKRA Administration each month. To participate, charities must be registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations with funding spent within the City of Houston. Please note: registration adds your charity’s name to a pool of eligible charities and does not confirm that your charity will be chosen. There is no need to reapply each month. If the contact information changes, please resubmit an application. Selected charities will be notified via email.
1. Be There. Organizations that host gatherings solidify votes and can answer questions OKRA's patrons may have.
2. Decorate your voting booth. Every charity has a separate booth provided by OKRA. Underneath the description of your organization, there is plenty of space for eye-catching design. Get creative with images and bold colors.
3. Host happy hours and encourage patrons and members to attend. In some cases, board members of the charities bought the first round to encourage attendance.
4. Eat. Customers receive tickets to vote when they order both drinks and food.
5. Host other gatherings at OKRA. Are you celebrating a birthday, graduation or any other event during the month your charity is featured? One charity had a board member who recommended OKRA as a wedding reception venue. That charity received a lot of votes that night.
6. Use social media. OKRA will be tweeting about your charity that month, and you should do the same. Use social media to encourage your fans and followers to visit the bar and vote for you.
Sign up for our newsletter today and get updates upcoming events and news.